Sunday, December 13, 2009

IN JESUS’ OWN WORDS:

Matthew 4:4 “People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.”

Matthew 4:7 “You must not test the Lord your God.”

Matthew 4:10 “You must worship the Lord your God and serve only him.”

Matthew 4:17 “Repent of your sins and turn to God, for the Kingdom of Heaven is near.”

Matthew 5:20 “But I warn you—unless your righteousness is better than the righteousness of the teachers of religious law and the Pharisees, you will never enter the Kingdom of Heaven!”

Matthew 6:14-15 “If you forgive those who sin against you, your heavenly Father will forgive you. But if you refuse to forgive others, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Matthew 6:24 “No one can serve two masters. For you will hate one and love the other; you will be devoted to one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”

Matthew 6:34 “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today’s trouble is enough for today.

Matthew7:1-2 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. For you will be treated as you treat others. The standard you use in judging is the standard by which you will be judged.”

Matthew 7:12 “Do to others whatever you would like them to do to you. This is the essence of all that is taught in the law and the prophets.”

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who calls out to me, Lord! Lord! will enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Only those who actually do the will of my Father in heaven will enter.”

Matthew 10:32-33 “Everyone who acknowledges me publicly here on earth, I will also acknowledge before my Father in heaven. But everyone who denies me here on earth, I will also deny before my Father in heaven.”

Matthew 11:28-30 “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Matthew 18: 19-20 “If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”

Matthew 20:28 “For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his life as a ransom for many.”

Matthew 28:18-19 “I have been given all authority in heaven and on earth. 19 Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.”

Mark 12:17 “give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar, and give to God what belongs to God.”

Mark 12: 29-31 “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength. The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. No other commandment is greater than these.”

Luke 9:62 “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”

Luke 12:40 “You must be ready all the time, for the Son of Man will come when least expected.”

John 1:25-26 “I am the resurrection and the life. Anyone who believes in me will live, even after dying. Everyone who lives in me and believes in me will never ever die.”

John 14:1-3 “Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father’s home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am.”

Mark 14:6 “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father except through me.”

Mark 15:17 “This is my command: Love each other.”

Pastor Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment