Saturday, December 12, 2009

A life with Christ begins with Salvation

Do you know Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior?

John 14:6 Jesus said; I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Romans Road: The Gospel of Grace - The Highway to a Relationship with God

Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned, and fall short of the glory of God.” We must all realize that we are sinners and that we need forgiveness. We are not worthy of God’s grace.

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates His love toward us, in that, while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Through Jesus, God gave us a way to be saved from our sins. God showed us His love by giving us the potential for life through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ.

Romans 6:23 “For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” If we remain sinners, we will die. However, if we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, and repent of our sins, we will have eternal life.

Romans 10:9-10 “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10 For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved”. Just confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead and you will be saved!

Romans 10:13 “For whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved.” There are no religious formulas or rituals -- Call upon the name of the Lord and you will be saved!

Romans 11:36: “For everything comes from him and exists by his power and is intended for his glory. All glory to him forever! Amen.

Roman Road: Are You Ready to Accept God’s Gift of Salvation?
If you truly believe the message of the Roman Road, and want to accept God’s gift of salvation right now, it's a matter of repenting of your sins and turning the rest of your life over to Jesus Christ. Again, this is not a ritual based on any specific words or prayers, but rather, a willful decision and a sincere step of faith. The following is a prayer that you can say (read) to express your desire to have Jesus be your Savior and Lord.

“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send the Holy Spirit to help me obey You and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen.”

Acts 2:38 says, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit."

If you decided to receive Jesus, welcome to God's family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.

•Get baptized as commanded by Christ.
•Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
•Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
•Seek fellowship with other followers of Jesus. Develop a group of believing friends to answer your questions and support you.
•Find a local church where you can worship God.

Pastor Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment